SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

hi i am from wolves looking for local astrononmy groups

newbie to all this had a fascination and interest in this all my life, had a small tasco cheap telescope when i was a kid but didnt appreciate what i was seeing.

A while ago i went to egypt to the senai desert and could see the sky that i always wish for back in uk, it was amazing.

on returning i wanted to experience more and bought a celestron powerseeker 114eq.

Basic instruments however once getting my head round it had some cracking views of moon, jupiter and venus but as much as i try i cant seem to locate anything further too much LP.

I am looking for social group in wolves to maybe meet up with and enjoy the experince of all.

if this interests you drop me a message

I have taken some pics of moon with iphone through adapted eyepiece and will post later

Hi Smithy,

I also reside in Wolverhampton. Much like you, I had a telescope when I was younger (the awesome TAL) which I totally under-aprecciated and eventually sold after unsuccesfull attempts at trying to observe something apart from the surface of the moon. I've now decided to return to astronomy and am awaiting delivery of a skywatcher 200P, very excited about this. Once I am up and running and have the ability to find objects smaller than the moon I'll be happy to meet with fellow hunters of the night sky. Have you contacted anyone in our town/city yet who shares this hobby?

Perhaps there is an existing thread or group for Wolverhamptonites?

Nice one guys just give me a pm anytime we can exchange numbers or summat to arrange a meet the weather is great today, therefore potentially good tonight.

Last night i did some observing in my back garden and even though there was light pollution i was still able to see parts of the milky way.

I just feel i need some guidance with my scope to make sure i am doing things properly, there are so many vids on youtube but getting your head round it takes some time..

Ok, great. Nice to know there are people close by doing the same.

I just received the scope at work. Boxes look massive.

I need to get up to speed on alligning the equitorial mount and collimate the thing. I suspect I'll spend most of this eve just staring at the scope in awe. Once I am up and running and able to find some bigger objects I'll think about meeting up.

haitch, thanks for the link the local group's thread.

Clear Skies!

Archived