Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 Polarscope

Dante

RecentlyI upgraded my HEQ5 with an upgrade from FLO. It went well, also serviced everything, new grease etc.

When I was about to test everything I thought that I should Polar align the mount nevery having used it sicnce I bought it 2nd hand.

The reticle was dislodged rattling around inside. I remounted it ( what a job that was ;))

When aligning the polarscope and following instruction on a Youtube video I came across a problem.

My mount was in the park position, I was instructed to align the recticle so that Polaris was staright down. Looking through the scope I find that it is already straight down so when I used the data gained from Polarfinder the position of the mount just looks wrong.

1. Should I reset the reticle in another position? GHM ;)

2 Is there a correct position for the reticle to be mounted in the scope?

I would appreciate some help here as I can't get passed this.

Thanks

The orientation of the polar-scope doesn't matter, as when you align your mount to the NCP, you automatically take it into account. The only reason to do what you want to do is for pure convenience, ie always starting in say the 6'oclock position from park. Which can make things like EQMOD alignment procedures a little quicker.

The important thing is just to make sure that as you go through an RA sweep, that the reticule remains centred.

Hope that make sense.

Archived