NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars, Tharsis volcanoes & another spin on AS!2...

Kokatha man

Hi again folks - this is the 2nd to last avi run of the Martian images I took last Sunday (11th)

They were a good hour or so after the one I posted in the other thread and Mars had rotated noticeably in that time.....and the seeing had degraded noticeably.

I was trying to think how best to do my AutoStakkert processing for these RGB's and also struggling with Emil's answer to a question I'd recently put to him where I thought he'd said you could run the "Edge" and "Gradient" quality estimators at the same time.....but try as I might I certainly can't get the program to work in that mode.

So I thought why not make 2 stacks, one using "Edge" and the other using "Gradient" and combine/stack these 2 in Registax6 where I have to load them to apply wavelets anyway...

Here is the result and I think it bore fruit: each quality estimator stack is 2500 frames and although I'm pretty sure the same frames would be duplicated in each stack to a degree I didn't think that would create a huge impost.....but more trialling would need to be done to even start to think whether this sort of "unusual" methodology is even worthwhile.

Pleased with the outcome and also to have caught 2 of the Tharsis Volcanoes on the rim of Mars (at around 2 o'clock, the 2 dark spot just in from the rim.)

Also apologies for realising too late that there's a very thin white line in the background where the joined canvasses for the images was botched slightly - too late to fix it atm..!;);):o

post-16205-133877748903_thumb.jpg

Archived