Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

At last a clear sky

boabsta

Finaly got out to play with my new ep and tal barlow and it was astounding. Got excellent views of half of venus, could clearly see the bands on jupiter and 4 moons and even a good look at mars although couldnt realy see any detail there.

I did manage to have a look at the orion nebula and was blown away when I saw what I shall assume to be gas clouds. They were grey but rather distinct.

Unfortuneatley the temperature dropped to -2 so called it a night and the scopes were soaking with condensation when we headed back to the car.

This was my 1st shot also of recently acquired orion 150 reflector. Hmm not sure about that 1 as I dont think it came anywhere near the quality of my 127 mak.

My new BST 18mm and tal barlow were a revelation. Only ever used the stock ep's before so did notice the difference straight away and the field of view made a big difference.

Overall Ive had a braw night and hope there will be many more to come.

Clear skies to all.

that wet stuff would be DEW :) sounds like you had a great time. i love my BST's nearly got a full set. orion is awesome never get board of looking at that. did you see saturn? its up nicely next to spica

Yeah lots of dew lol.

I have decided to try and buy 1 eyepiece a month and did enjoy the view from the BST.

Unfortunately Saturn was behind a hill when we called it a night so have yet to see it. I think that I will wait for Saturn to get a bit higher in the sky so I have a better view of it for the 1st time.

Yeah had a blast which even I think sounds realy sad lol but honestly can't wait to go out again.

Archived