Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Have a new Celestron 130EQ-MD, the RA and the DEC pivots are so stiff even with locks off. Am thinking it is just bad grease and the tension is just tight on trust bearings. Does any one no about the tear down on the mount, CG-3, so that I clean it and relub it?

If it's new and the axes are that tight, then I'd send it back and ask for a replacement or refund. There's something obviously very wrong with it. Even if it's a grease problem then that shouldn't exist at all - it's impossible to balance it for a start :)

Not had a lot of luck getting hold of celestron, I have heard the grease is a big problem with these mounts, If just had a teardown plan on it, would just clean it myself, really dont mind doing that at all. Next scope will not be a celestron, no that. Your right, you cant balance it, is like the locks are on and dont want to ruin the gears trying to use it.

Archived