Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setup Options Advice

Hi, I am lucky enough to have a CGEM mount currently supporting an SW Equinox ED80 APO with a C9.25 on back order arriving soon. I have a dual side by side mount ready to mount them side by side. So I have a good long FL scope and a good imaging scope. What is the best way forward for guiding?

I know I can get an ST80 and QHY5 or QHY5v and add to the above but can I get away realistically with using the C9.25 to guide the ED80 and the other way round if I want to image thought the C9.25 by using a QHY5 on the respective scope?

Are there any issues with this approach or should I really go for a separate guide setup like the ST80 and find a way to mount the maybe piggyback on the ED80?

I am not sure which is the best way forward, any advice from those that have gone down either road appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It depends on what you're imaging but I'd use the 925 to guide the ED80 on dso's. You can reverse it for planets though not entirely necessary to guide if your PA and tracking are good :)

(You shouldn't need an ST80 - would be redundant)

That is what I was hoping but I was a bit unsure of whether the 925 would have a wide enough FOV to give sufficient guide stars for guiding with, I guess one of the 0.63x FL reducers would help?

Another decision is which QHY5 is the better option the QHY5v or the non v version. I can see the difference in spec and the larger sensor in the non v would make more sense but I see the v version appears to be better for lunar/planetary imaging, with a better shutter, but lower resolution, also colour v mono, any views??.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived