NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light (just about!)

Although I've had my new scope (SW 8" dob) + accessories for a good few days now, last night is the first real chance ive had to look through it! Really just managed to view Mars and Saturn before the clouds rolled in... but wow! more than enough to whet the appetite :) nice sharp views, very impressive. The azimuth swivel motion out of the box was smoother than I expected... though I've been drinking milk aplenty and I WILL be modding :) home made dew shields (for both OTA and telrad) are also on the list, maybe flocking and wixey will follow. SGL is an absolute tricks 'n' tips central when it comes to dob customisation - I love it! I'm sure I'll have a few of my own questions in time though :)

good stuff zero-g. i've had mine for about 6 weeks now and am yet to see saturn. my problem is that at the moment its near midnight before i get a chance so it's gotta be weekends (early starts with my job).saturn is over houses until then and i don't want my first views to be spoilt by "dirty" air. i suppose i could knock a few houses down but i don't think the neighbours would thank me for it. had ome brilliant views of jupiter though.

good stuff zero-g. i've had mine for about 6 weeks now and am yet to see saturn. my problem is that at the moment its near midnight before i get a chance so it's gotta be weekends (early starts with my job).saturn is over houses until then and i don't want my first views to be spoilt by "dirty" air. i suppose i could knock a few houses down but i don't think the neighbours would thank me for it. had ome brilliant views of jupiter though.

Even viewing through the atmosphere i found Saturn really impressive... so I still think you're in for a treat when you see it at last :)

Archived