NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

vixen flip mirror filter problems

mindburner

hi I have a vixen flip mirror which is great to use with an eyepiece and Nikon D5000 DSLR.

I have just got a SW light pollution 2 inch filter. It doesn't fit! I got a 49-48mm reducer which fits the filter and the vixen but the outside diameter of the reducer is too big to fit the whole lot inside the focuser tube of my APO. It's never easy:confused: what is wrong with these manufacturers

Has anyone been able to get a skywatcher filter to fit this flip mirror and if so what reducer did you use

any help much appreciated

Sorry for the delay.

I've just measured the KOOD 48/49 adaptor ( and a few 49mm filters) they all measure 50.8mm exactly. This is 2"

I can fit them to the Skywatcher 2" focuser and the various SCT>2" adaptors I use.

It maybe that your 2" focuser is just on the tight side....

Sorry for the delay.

I've just measured the KOOD 48/49 adaptor ( and a few 49mm filters) they all measure 50.8mm exactly. This is 2"

I can fit them to the Skywatcher 2" focuser and the various SCT>2" adaptors I use.

It maybe that your 2" focuser is just on the tight side....

hi many thanks for checking that. It's much appreciated. I ordered a Kood ring and it's pretty much the same as the one I had.

That's interesting that it will fit into the SW tube. The one on my Meade may be just too tight. It has an internal brass ring which may be to blame. I have a 2 inch extender, so I will try that. I ended up using small bits of pvc tape to secure it. Very Blue Peter

Just to update. Basically it's this Kood ring and the unbranded one I have that won't fit and of the 2 inch barrels. Meade, Revelation and Sw dobsonian crayford. They may have changed the design slightly. I ended up using a bench grinding whell on it and took off the excess round the Kood ring. Fits fine now with the Skywatcher and Baader 2 inch Lp filters.

Archived