NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-261 in Ha (Lowers Nebula)

swag72

Sh2-261, also known as Lowers Nebula is located in the constellation of Orion.

This picture was taken over 4 nights. I still have some issues to sort out with regards my focuser, but it is better than it was. Hope to get it sorted soon.

T: SW 120ED x0.85

C: Atik 314L mono with Baader 7nm Ha filter and Trutek filter wheel

M: HEQ 5

Capture details:

37 x 1200s (12 hours 20 mins)

70 x bias

25 x flats

Stacked in Maxim and processed in PI.

post-18339-133877746287_thumb.jpg

Hi Sara - That's a REALLY smooth result of another one of those images that I wouldn't have a hope of finding as it doesn't have an IC, NGC or M number I can key into my handset :)! (I assume you located it via an EQMOD catalog?)

You've got a lot of detail in there too, especially in that bit at 12 o'clock... Surely you must be pretty happy with this :)? I know I would be! (One thing missing though - It needs a bit of OIII... :icon_salut:)

Cheers Andy. This one appears in CdC, so a little easier than trying to find it otherwise! I'm pretty happy with this one, although I'm sure someone can come along soon and make me feel decidingly unhappy with something that I've missed.

Shame about there being no OIII in the 30 minute sub. I am looking forward to getting the smaller scope for this type of stuff, it's just a bit too crowded in there!

Archived