NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 11-March

WayBig

It was a clear night, but with a lot of humidity, fogging over later on. I had some big problems with my az motor on the dob too which made it challenging.

This is the better of my avi's quickly PIPPed and 900 frames out of about 3000 stacked in Registaxx.

Taken using the 250 flextube auto, a talx3 and short extension tube. I've lots of questions about the processing that I'll put in a thread in te appropriate section.

Anyone know what the white blobs are near the centre of the planet - are they clouds (if so, clouds of what?) or frozen something???

post-18426-13387774584_thumb.jpg

nope, but I just gave it a quick try, turning down the blue makes it a bit green, so I turn the green down, which makes it a bit red....etc...etc, I guess it's about finding the right balance. I've clicked the autobalance a few times but always with bizarre results. It turns this image bright yellow!!

Much better. Sounds like you need to adjust white balance during capture. I know when using the spc webcam I once used auto white balance for Saturn and produced a yellow image that no amount of rgb adjusting afterwards made any difference.

Archived