NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Attaching camera to telescope?

I have this camera,

ALBA-SL1231.jpg

Not the exact same as mine is an A120 and I have a Celestron Powerseeker 50 AZ telescope and I wondered if there were any sort of mounts which can attach the camera to the telescope. I've read that there are certain makes that you can but is that true with just a small digital camera as I'd like to take some more detailed photos.

Search around, I believe they or someone, makes a small shelf to use that type of camera on. I don't see how you could directly mount that type of camera, But it's cirtainly possible to shoot through the eye piece.

It is possible to get mounts that hold the camera in position behind the eyepiece so you can do afocal photography. Try googling something like "afocal camera mount" or "afocal camera support".

James

That's exactly what I want, I should have mentioned that, sorry. Lol.

I've taken a few photos through the eyepiece but for things like planets I need something stationary as my hands aren't steady enough. Lol.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Hi,

I have the Orion Steadypix Deluxe Camera Mount...Pretty much the same as the one found on the above post from First Light Optics. This works really well with my Panasonic Lumix point and shoot cam.

It's pretty good and the only way you are going to be able to use the camera you have.

NOTE: Make sure you have the little threaded hole (The one you would mount to tripods) on the underside of the camera in order for it to be mounted onto the telescope adapter...Or else you will be blu-tacking it! lol.

It works really well, but then again I have actually found the Iphone takes great pics as well.

I still dream of attaching my future purchase of a Canon 600D to my scope :)

Archived