syntrek upgrade

Thanks,

so basically I can get a syntrek mount (NEQ6 £820ish) and for around £50 turn it into a fully goto rather than spend £1000ish

Kev.

If they still sell the Syntrek version, and you don't mind being tied to a PC, yes :)

NEQ6 Pro with Synscan is 927 but comes with the Dual sadle.

Although the EQ6 Synktrek is only 815 (so you would save about 80 after buying the eqmod stuff) you need to check if that eq6 comes with the same dual saddle as the NEQ6 because if it doesnt it will cost you over a 100 to buy an adm one.

It doesn´t matter when starting out but if you get a bigger scope the losmandy style bar holds the scope more securely.

I knew someone would come along and give me reasons to get the wallet out again Lol,

If im totally honest I like th eidea of using the laptop to controll everything but at the same time there will obviously be nights where I just want to go out without getting everything set up so I probably will go the whole hog and get the synscan. I can tell the wife by phone or telegram.

Kev.

I bought my EQ6 Syntrek last month plus the EQDir adaptor from FLO last month. They do come with the dual purpose saddle and counterbalance shaft extension.

thats good to know, I wasn´t sure as it was called the EQ6 Syntrek so thought they might have left it with the old saddle. Wonder why it isn´t called the NEQ6 syntrek then?

Archived