Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

motor drive controls

itlee

I was thinking about adding a set of Dual-Axis D.C. Motor Drives to my EQ-5, but I was wondering about the controller. Do you have to keep the button pressed to continue in that direction or is it just press once?

these are what I am considering Moteur MicroTrack Duo EQ5 - Optique Perret - Centre Tlescopes & Jumelles

also what is the North/South switch for?

thanks in advance

itlee.

You will have to keep pressing the buttons to move the motors. The motors correction will stop when you stop pressing. Except the RA axis which will track and either accelerate to 2x or stop when pressed.

The North/South switch is for different hemisphere. You will need the north setting, while someone in New Zealand will need the south setting.

so the DEC will move whilst holding the button and the RA will start with one press and stop with the second press?

Does the RA do 3 things there? always moving, accelerate or stop

This is how the handset works. The mount tracks at sidereal rate with no buttons pressed. The slew rate can be adjusted by the using the switch on the top RH side. The slew direction button needs to be kept pressed to slew at the chosen speed and the mount returns to 1x sidereal rate when the button is released.

Peter

so the DEC will move whilst holding the button and the RA will start with one press and stop with the second press?

Does the RA do 3 things there? always moving, accelerate or stop

Yes RA does three things, fast, standard and stop/reverse

RA turns at 1x by default. One of the RA button will accelerate the motor to 2x, while the other stops tracking. It returns to default 1x if you let go of them.

Archived