Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion revisited

Vic&Al

I have been going over some old M42 raw files and managed to bring out a bit more in the image and resolve some of the core the trapezium is in there! I like the blue coming through on the main stars, although I know more subs will bring more detail I am happy with this image. I may add more data though...

15 X 300sec with darks, flats & bias applied

10 x 35sec for the core.

Thanks for looking

post-18013-133877743811_thumb.jpg

Good effort. A little more with the processing and I reckon you have some serious data in there. The colour balance would sort a lot out depending what tools you have.

Here is a very quick 2minutes work I did with gradient removal, colour balancing and a bit of curves / level work.

Just shows what is possible with the noisey small JPG you posted. You will get better results with the original data.

EDIT : It was 2 mins processing and didn't take care with the core so blown it out a bit, but you get the idea.

post-16631-133877744376_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I am still learning the processing ropes so will go back and have another go. Out of interest I am using Nebulosity & Photoshop. I will go back to the original tiffs (90mb for the core & 91mb for the long exposures) & have another go.

Archived