Help-Meade LX200

I have a 10" LX 200 that is not running. I first noticed it blew a fuse, replaced it, and saw that the light on my control panel was intermittent, the controller wouldn't operate and there was a buzz from underneath control panel. With an electrician friend's help, checked to make sure it was receiving proper current, removed control panel and he concluded that a motor was malfunctioning. Called Meade, they won't help. turns out they orphaned my model years ago, and don't support it. They call it a "classic" [it's about 15 years old]. Any ideas on what could be wrong, and if I'm right about the motor, whether there is a source of parts. I'm in northern California, Nevada county.

You should be better placed in the US than most places but Meade are not famous for being helpful. In the UK we have a good importer, Telescope House, with a competent repair service.

If you don't get the mount running again you can take the OTA off the fork. An NEQ6 mount carries it fine for visual use. That's what I did.

Olly

Archived