Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi everyone, newbie needing advice

Hi everyone. I'm new to the whole star gazing hobby. I bought a Sky-Watcher Evostar 102 EQ3 2 Refractor Telescope the other week and I had a chance last night to get it out and have a little look around. I started with the moon as its big, white and easy to find. I gotta say I mucho enjoyed :)

I would like to be able to attach my Canon 60d to the scope so I'm able to take a few photgraphs, Could someone please explain how and where I might find the bits to do so.

Thanks

Hi, you probably just need a T-ring to attach the camera to the focuser on your scope. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-EOS-T-Ring-Revelation/dp/B0039ZHWYK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331027305&sr=1-1

The 102 won't be fantastic for Ap, you will get some chromtaic aberration, but for the price of a T-ring, you don't have a lot to lose :)

Moon shots never seem all that good when a DSLR is used, lest ways mine never do, but if you can get 30 seconds shots with out star trails, then a remote control for your cannon would lead to DSO imagine, so a single motor drive for your mount and a remote....

Timer Remote Control RS-60E3 For Canon 1000D 450D 500D: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

This may have a motor for your mount.....

First Light Optics - Mounts / Motors

Archived