Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan AZ Goto

Donkeiller

Had one of these for about a year and up to recently very happy with it.

Over the last few days the Altitude motors have started to run really slow. Still finds and tracks, but finding is very slow if there is a significant change in Alt.

If I run the Alt control manually, after 2-3 full range movements, it speeds up to "normal". Leave it a few mins and it slows down again.

This happens regardless of whether a 'scope is attached or not.

Ideas:icon_scratch:

Before anything check the power supply is delivering 12 volts.

Try setting the handset slew speed to maximum and see if the alt moves at max speed.

If not the alt movement has some sort of clutch which is why you can move it by hand. This may be slipping, If you gently put light resistance on the alt movement with your hand while slewing and it stops moving then I would suspect this is the problem.

This is just an "idea" and I wouldn't know how to repair one of these mounts

Karen. Volatge was the first thing I checked.

I use a 12V, 17AH lead-acid battery.

I also used the "Utilities- show information" to display voltage whilst I'm slewing.

Pretty much constant at 12.5- 12.7V.

Also checked the connector very carefully.

There is a thread on here which relates to your problem and how to fix it. I don't know how to link to it but if you search using exact wording as below that should find it. :)

Skywatcher Az GoTo - Intermittent "slow down"

Archived