Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What to buy?

Hi all,

Bit of advice please, all comments welcome ( apart from rude one's :))

I was going to leap straight into DSO AP as I have a background in photography.

I was going to buy an HEQ5 or similar and an 80ED Refractor for wide field AP but after reading another post I think I'll get back to basics again and re-learn the night sky with my girlfriend as I'll have much more fun and I've been away for far too long

Now what to buy for around £500?

I'll need something that's reasonably easy to transport and store, not worried too much about GoTo at the moment as I think we'll have much more fun finding things for ourselves with the help of Sky Safari Plus on my Android phone.

We already have a GoTo scope (Meade DS2080) if we feel we want to use it.

I used to own a Celestron 9.25 SCT about 15 years ago on an old German EQ mount when they were around (the old dark grey tube model) but where I lived I had to cart it down some very slippery steps so sold it out of fear of dropping it.

In the back garden we have decking and a patio so have plenty of room and very level surfaces.

Any idea's of what to buy?

Archived