NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 28.02.2012.

KE400

Hi Folks

As it's Sunday and raining, I thought I'd have another play around with processing some Mars data captured on 28th Feb last week. Considering the seeing wasn't up to much, I'm happy with the outcome. I think it's maybe a little over processed but was trying to bring out some more detail!

I hope you like.

post-23907-133877741786_thumb.jpg

What settings did you use Kevin? Just a bit concerned about the colour.:)

Hi

I think the colour is maybe down to using the "normalise" option in the "filters" section of Reg 6 which I have used for the 1st time during this processing.

I'm wondering if this target "Mars" would benefit with the removal of the IR filter? (I know that the the DFK has one inbuilt but mine doesn't anymore and I actually use an IR filter attached to the ccd to replace the original one which is no longer there!). Having looked at a few images taken with the DBK which to me looks like exactly the same ccd just without the IR filter inbuilt, would this improve the image capture as they seem to perform better on this target?

I find that I have more colour problems on Mars without the filter Kevin.

Though I rarely use it on anything else. But give it a try :)

Sorry only time for a quick play before work :)

Also I noticed that the filename was conv........ If this was processed using AS!2 then those images are really only meant for evaluation (something I didn't realize at first)

post-16237-133877742393_thumb.jpg

Archived