Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Grubb screws needed for GP

A McEwan

Hi all,

After setting the polar aligment on my HEQ5 I thought I'd do the same with the GP, having never done it before. Unfortunately, the polar finder-scope is missing the three grubb screws that adjust its position relative to the mount and hold it in place. Any idea where I could get replacements please?

Thanks,

Ant

The alignment grub screws on my GP polarscope is different to my EQ4 polarscope. The EQ5 and GP polar scopes were not interchangeable, but I don't know about the LXD75.

Last time I polar aligned my GPDX's polarscope I was using a really fine allen key (either a 0.7, 0.9 or 1.3mm. I can't remember which one, I only remembered I had to buy a new set of fine gauge allen key because my standard set were too big).

EDIT: When I said 'polar align my GPDX's polar scope', what I meant was 'centred my GPDX's polar scope'.

Archived