loose ra and dec locks

yes, more annoying questions. when i put the ra or dec locks on (eq5)they still move quite freely by hand (not using the control knobs. is this normal or can they be adjusted? is there a maintanence manual avaliable for the mount other than the instruction manual that came with it? thanks in advance

scott

There are no motors on the mount then?

If you have slow motion Knobs, I'm guessing no motors.

If you have locked both Declination, and RA clutches, the only reason I can think of, is the worms on the slow motions of both ra and dec. are not engaging the worm wheels of both axis, and that's why you can still move the mount in both directions.

That will need investigating.

Ron.

I believe the locking levers can themselves be adjusted. As far as I can remember, you remove the lever, tighten a component under it and then replace the lever in its new position, then the locking action should start earlier in the travel of the lever.

Archived