NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Wakefield (and)

wella

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELLOS!

James ~ Thanks for the comments on the photos. I dabble... I like to use old cameras and old film, trying to get away from the digital point and click stuff and really try and think about the shot more. I have taken over 10000 shot with my digital camera but probably like only about 1% of them. Thanks for the comments on the processing, I actually worry if I process them too much sometimes...

Sanmatt ~ the rig resembles a christmas tree. you struggle to see any stars what so ever.

Steve ~ Im an Mud engineer so work along side the mud loggers and data loggers everday. The MWD/LDW/directional drilling technology these days is mind blowing. Ive been doing this 10 years and its now really reliable and extremely clever. We can now steer the drill bit down to 0.25 of a degree and tell it to follow a path automatically.

The family life side of things is difficult and I am currently looking at other ventures (maybe more on this later) but the money I can make offshore is twice what I can make "on the beach".

Neil ~ currently on the Ocean Nomad.

Guy ~ He would have been blown away by the whole internet TBH! and he sure would of loved this site im sure...

• 6 months later...

Hi Paul,

In case you (or anyone else from Wakefield or nearby!) are around, a few Wakefield-based stargazing enthusiasts are meeting for the first time tomorrow (Monday 24 Sept 2012) at 7pm at the New Wheel Pub, Wrenthorpe.

Do join us for beer and chats, and we'll see where the group goes to from there!

Archived