NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

cgem vs neq6

hemihaggis

hi guys , i have just about gave up on the ldx 75 mount !!!

im sure this question has been asked before , but any new info will be exellent

i am looking to upgrade to a neq6 or a cgem mount , i think that is about all i have to choose from , i will be uing my sn10" schmit/newt for viual and AP ,

i kn ow roughly my way around an neq6 ,how to ploar align set up ect , i dont know much about the cgem , is it gps ect ??

anyway hope some clever clogs can shine a light !!:p

I have a CGEM mount for my C9.25 and i love it, its a fantastic piece of hardware very well put together.

The only thing for me is that due to the way the gear works (i dont the details) EQMOD is not compatible with it which is a piece of software i would have like'd to use (there are alternatives)

Other then that i can't fault it (and thats not really a fault), ive no experience with the NEQ6 but i'm sure you wouldn't be disapointed with the CGEM.

I have both a CGEM DX and an NEQ6. I got the CGEM DX because my C14 OTA is more than the NEQ6 is really able to carry. The CGEM DX carries the C14 without breaking a sweat.

For me the CGEM DX seems to be a much better quality piece of kit, less play in the RA and DEC axes. Not to mention adjusting the latitude on the CGEM DX is a dream compared to a nightmare of doing the same on the NEQ6.

The one thing in the NEQ6's favour is EQMOD, I really miss using it but the CGEM DX can still be controlled by a planetarium program though I have not tried to do this yet.

Cheers,

Chris

thanks for your replys guys , i have not decided yet ??? , the ldx 75 mount i have is not good lol im kinda swayed towards the cgem ... but the eqmod for the neq6 and its price is tempting , plus i could also buy a new focuser and the mod ?? hmm :p

cheers

Archived