Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wxAstroCapture & Xbox Webcam

Hi all,

I invested in an xbox webcam to convert as per Cliffs instructions found on this forum. It's all set and ready to try out tonight, but I've just plugged it in and loaded wxAstroCapture and I seem to be having a few issues (or not as I may find out!)

In wxAstro I loaded the camera, and then go to properties. The FPS is greyed out, I guess because this camera is non-configurable in that area. But I have the chance to change brightness and gamma - these are set at 50 and 30-odd respectively when I load the software, but if I drag the slider for the brightness it drops to 0, and then no matter what I drag it to it always goes instantly back to 0. And with the gamma setting, it does the same but goes to 100 instead of 0.

Anybody got any idea about this, be nice if I can get it sorted to try out tonight :D

I had this happen also. I just used Sharpcap instead. Would also like to know why this happens?

Radders

Like you, I stumbled on SharpCap about 30 minutes ago. Tested and seems much better at least in terms of settings for this particular camera. Ready to give it a go now, so long as the skies clear and the wind drops somewhat. :D

Yeah I sometimes get that too. Sometimes if I fiddle with the 1/25 or 1/33 setting (exposure?) I get no FPS and no picture at all.

Only solution I've found is to exit the app, unplug and replug the camera back in and start the app. That seems to reset things.

Also, no matter which settings I try I can not, for the life of me, get it to stop whiting-out. Even when the brightness/contrast/gain are all in single digits. :)

Moon, Jupiter... all white out.

Anyone out there have some good example settings for wxAstroCapture?

Archived