Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First night out

Just to say thanks to all who recommended the dob , I was going to get a a mounted telescope but went for the 200p instead on recommendations from here . Got it today and clear skies tonight. Saw Jupiter , venus , mars , the moon . Didn't realise how fast they would go out of view. I'd recommend the dob , put it down anywhere, point and view, I could find the above quite easily with the help of stellarium ... never knew they were there , I thought they were stars. With Jupiter I saw coloured loops (didn't see the eye) and 4 moons , venus was very bright so used my moon filter to see its shape , mars was just orangey , the moon was crater ridden and ace to see - set my finder scope up using the moon, can't wait to get a full moon. This was all in my back garden in suburbia with next doors security light going off/on and the neighbour on the other side with their conservatory all lit up.off to research eyepieces now and somewhere dark to go. Really chuffed and excited - this is gonna cost me a fortune !!:D

Archived