Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 150p Dobsonian

I placed my order with First Light Optics on Thursday morning for a Skywatcher 150p dobsonian. At 2 oclock on Friday afternoon there was a knock at the door and it was fedex i couldnt believe it the scope had a arrived that was quick delivery from FLO.

I put the 2 large boxes in the living room ready to get stuck in.

I set about building the Dob mount so opened the box and it comes with all the tools you will need to build the mount.

Building the mount was very easy and found the instructions very helpful. If you have built flat pack stuff before you will quickly erect the mount in no time.

I found the mount to be really sturdy as i had doubts about the wood flat packed mount but i was pleasantly surprised.

I had the mount built and was ready to fix the OTA on the Dob mount . So i opened the box with the OTA in to find another box so i opened that box and was stunned so see how much care had been taken to pack this telescope.

It didnt take me long to unwrap the scope from the packaging and place it on the mount. The tube feels very sturdy and well made. I set about mounting the finder scope bracket and the finder scope into the bracket which in it self feels very solid and strong.

I am well impressed with the overall feel and construction of the mount and telescope it feels very strong and sturdy and the dobsonian mount is a breeze to use.

I will update this thread with my first light impressions once this cloud goes (the cloud was already here before i ordered the scope:D)

First Light Optics is an outstanding company and the delivery time really impressed me as i was expecting the usual 4 to 5 days.

post-32716-133877736627_thumb.jpg

post-32716-133877736631_thumb.jpg

post-32716-133877736639_thumb.jpg

Archived