Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NexStar 8SE vs 200P Dob

Hi all

I know there's a vast difference in price between a NexStar 8SE and a 200P Dob, but setting that aside, and considering that both are 8" scopes, does anyone have any opinions on which would be better for general observing? When I say general observing, I mean lunar, planetary, DSO's, double stars, so quite a wide range of objects.

Cheers

Baz

Well the newt will give better dso for obs, but to be honest you wouldn't be able to really tell, the newt is a faster scope than the 8se, the 8se is auto goto as well, although if you're thinking about basic imaging the sct will be slightly better, 8se for planetary obs and the newt for dso's. Although no scope had all the answers, plus the 200p is a lot cheaper id probably go for that, with it being on a dobsonian mount also makes the scope steadier than the 8se, both are fine scopes with very good optics.

Archived