Which mount should I use

Hi all, I have two scopes on order but they they taking for ever to arive so I thought I would ask you folk your opinion`s to clear up a few questions, I have on order the Celestron XLT 127 with CG4 mount/tripod and a Sky Watcher Evostar 120 with EQ3-2 mount/ tripod , I have already got a Tal 100RS but this does not have a mount its a tube assembly only when my scopes do arive I intend to fit the Tal to one of the mounts and always have one scope that is not set up and ready to use.

Am I correct in thinking the CG4 would be the better sturdier mount to attach the Tall also if i decide at at a later date to get a tracking motor should I be fitting it to the CG4 for the same reason of sturdyness rather than having two motor driven mounts.

The other question is the plastic Tal object lense cover has a smaller cup cover within the cover what is this for.

Sorry if this is all elementry.

EQ3-2 and CG4 are essentially the same mount head so use whichever one has the smoothest movement. The steel pipe legs from the CG4 will be a more stable platform than the box ali. Just put the best head on the steel legs.

Archived