NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Samsung scb-2000 How To

iskywatch

Hey all...

I want to order an SCB-2000 camera and would like to know if anyone out here has any helpful hints, tricks, etc... ? I was trying to save up for something like a mallincam but it is way to expensive at this point in time. I do a lot of outreach and having the ability to show DSO's in realtime would be very cool.

I will be using an older, 1985, celestron c8 and an orion atlas eq-g unguided mount. Can anyone please tell me what I need to purchase to attach the scb-2000 to the back of my c8? It is only a 1.25 visual back.

Regards,

Rich

Peter... Thanks for your response! This is very exciting. I was getting ready to purchase a canon t2i for astrophotography but this seems a bit more exciting as i can share live views. The camera is still on my wish list but having video capabilities is far more interesting to me right now.

Here is my current list of things to buy this weekend.

1 - Blue Fireball 1.25" to C mount

2 - Baader planetarium moon & skyglow filter

3 - sewell pro bnc to vga converter ( for lcd monitor )

4 - focal reducer

I assume the 3.3 is for CCD use only? What is your opinion on this model. I was looking at it online and can not figure out how it attaches. It does not specify if its 1.25 or 2".

07567 Meade Series 4000 f/3.3 Focal Reducer / Field Flattener (3-element; 41mm dia.)

Can you think of anything else I may need?

Regards,

Rich

Archived