Advise about a new telescope

Hi people I just want some advice about a telescope I have at the min a Skymax 127 AZ GOTO telescope but I also want a refractor. I have decided or should I say like the skywatcher starwatcher-102 but I just want to make sure that this would fit on my mount and what would I be able to see more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, a 102 should fit on your AZ mount, but as it has less aperture than your Mak, I doubt very much whether you will see anything that you can't already see better in the 127.

Might sometimes give (perhaps) a slightly more pleasing view of some very diffuse nebulae, due to its wider field of view, but don't hold your breath :D

And particularly on planetary and lunar, your Mak will outperform it by a long way.

i would not bother with the 102 , the mak will outperform it on just about any target you can think of , if i was you i would just get hold of a couple of good ep`s ...a 32mm widefield works wonders in a mak ..have a look at tmb explorers or gso revalations :D

I would have thought that a better complimentary scope to fit on that mount would have been a 130p. You would then have the benefit of a wider field of view and lower mags for open star clusters and galaxies. This is what I was thinking of doing but the problem is finding a 130p without a mount. I don't want two mounts. I'm given to understand though that the Heritage 130p will fit directly onto the GoTo mount of the SW127MAK so that may be the way to go. I believe some on the forum have done that successfully.

I would have thought that a better complimentary scope to fit on that mount would have been a 130p. You would then have the benefit of a wider field of view and lower mags for open star clusters and galaxies. This is what I was thinking of doing but the problem is finding a 130p without a mount. I don't want two mounts. I'm given to understand though that the Heritage 130p will fit directly onto the GoTo mount of the SW127MAK so that may be the way to go. I believe some on the forum have done that successfully.

There is a 130P Syscan goto on Astrobuy&Sell, I'll go halfers with you lol as I want a handset.

Ahh, so a SkyWatcher startravel 102, not a star watcher 103. got it now :D

As others have said, there are better scopes around for the money. The 102 startravel is not going to be great for planetary observation, which is worth thinking about.

I'm more into images so wanted a refractor for that purpose only cause of the wider view I love my 127 does me great. So I guess I just want a refractor that would fit on my alt AZ mount I don't like the equatorial's tried and failed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived