Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What camera?

Hi all,

I stuck this in the beginners help section because although I have been doing visual for a couple of years I am fairly new to imaging (although I have done some basic planetary with a Skywatcher 127 Mak & Philips webcam). I am looking to move up to the next level and need some advice & help.

I am just about to equip myself with an EQ6 pro, Skywatcher ED80 and an Intes 7" Mak and now need to look at the camera side of things. I get the impression that there are no single cameras that will do deep sky and planetary imaging without selling a kidney, so does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to go with a budget of £1000 ish (not including the above stated gear)? I have trawled through 'Making Every Photon Count' but find myself as confused as ever. I am thinking about a DFK 21AU618.AS Colour for solar system and a DSLR for the deep sky stuff. Will I still need an autoguider etc with another small refractor to work with the ED80? I do not want to get too seriously into this, just get some nice shots of the odd nebula/galaxy/planets for my own pleasure.

Please help as my brain is about to go into meltdown.

Archived