Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flaming Star (Ha/OIII)

JCJC

Hi everyone,

Long time since I've posted a picture on SGL! Shot this over 2 nights, Ha on the first, OIII on the second.

The full version is on Astrobin: Flaming Star Nebula Full

Object: The Flaming Star Nebula, IC 405

Telescope: Skywatcher ED80

Camera: ATIK 314L+, -22C and -19

Exposures: Ha - 19 x 600s, bin1x1; OIII - 17 x 600s, bin1x1, 6hrs Total

Processing: DSS, PSCS5

Edit: Had a look around the web for other OIII pics of this object before I attempted it and couldn't find much... Didn't expect to capture much but love the faint purple(y) OIII bits that were picked up near the bright star! Could do with some more OIII as it's super faint!

All the best,

Jordan

post-15800-133877735184_thumb.jpg

Thank you for commenting! Olly, it's great to be back in action!

Looking again I see what you mean. It was hard not to noise reduce (but I have overdone it) with the minuscule signal in OIII. I don't like doing it! Ideally I would grab more OIII but moved on to the Jellyfish :D

All the best!

Jordan

Good pic Jordan. I tried this from the burbs in Dublin and never got a hint of any of the purple neb with Ha / O3. If you can do RGB imaging, I would have thought that there would be a stronger signal in the Blue. Don't know it thats true though.

T.

Archived