Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope sorted-One very Happy Forum Newbie

After getting my old scope to focus last night by hand holding the eyepiece noting that there was a focus gap between the end of the finder scope and the eyepiece of around 9" I set myself the task of trawling the net to see if extension tubes could be bought.

After having no luck, i decided to have a go at a temporary bodge for tonight. the extension tube candidates were some plastic waste pipe and some old rotary clothes line tube.

my first job was to try and take off the outer ring of the scope so that the tube could be fitted over it and clamped with a jubilee clip.

I started to unscrew the very tight ring at the end with much hand force and it finally moved and I started to remove it.

Can you guess what it was attached too?????..............:)

post-33728-133877734204_thumb.jpg

Well done for sorting it out :(

My old 1960's Tasco refractor had that same feature and it took me a while to work it out as well - when it's pushed into the other drawtube you have no idea that the second extension even exists :)

Archived