Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Rosetta Nebula - 2.5hrs of clear skies

Fantastic opportunity to image last night - I didn't see a single cloud. Of course I couldn't decide what to image first and suddenly remembered NGC 2244 was on my "to do" list :)

Here it is, seems similar to others posted here but I'm going to add more data to the 2.5hrs this is composed of and see if it has an affect. Also, I should be getting the Teleskop Service 65mm quad next week so I'll be able to do a direct comparison - weather permitting.

post-14524-133877734062_thumb.jpg

Thats beautiful! Is it me or is there a slight green tinge to part of the edges of the rosette?

There sure is - that's the remains of my gradient that I didn't process out :-)

Thats beautiful! Is it me or is there a slight green tinge to part of the edges of the rosette?

I've just discovered (with the help of Dennis over on Progressive Astro Imaging) that a step I was doing in processing on Nebulosity was introducing the "gradient" I thought I had - when I process the fit straight from Photoshop - no gradient and tons more nebulosity (which is a bit ironic actually!) I'm sure Nebulosity does a great pre-process and I'm just not using it right but "Auto Colour" and "Adjust Colour Background" really messed up my images - now I have to re- do them all :)

David

Thats very interesting! Im just battling with a terrible gradient making my not so good wide-field image of Orion even worse......

I have a lot to learn but the image below shows more nebulosity and I didn't have any (what I thought) was gradient in the core image (fit)

I just found the DPP step so easy in Nebulosity but I think it's quite aggressive - or maybe I didn't use it right :)

More imaging tonight from the looks of it - YeeHaa! (as they used to say, I never did though...har har)

David

post-14524-13387773423_thumb.jpg

You see, that kind of great image makes me think I should have gone for an 80ED rather than the 100ED..... with the focal reducer on the 100ED, the Rosette doesn't quite all fit in the frame :(

Arrr but I bet your pictures of M1 are a lot better than mine - it's so small in the image with my ED-80 that, with it's green hues it makes it look like an unfortunate incident occurred rather than a magnificent supernova remnant :)

David

Arrr but I bet your pictures of M1 are a lot better than mine - it's so small in the image with my ED-80 that, with it's green hues it makes it look like an unfortunate incident occurred rather than a magnificent supernova remnant :)

David

Lol. I use my 250PDS for the small stuff, it's the big stuff I'm missing. Swings and roundabouts I suppose :(

Archived