Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Attaching Vixen saddle to Astrotrac head

Hi,

Ordered a Astrotrac head and Vixen saddle which arrived today but without any screws, which is very frustrating! :)

I need the screws (2x countersunk) to attach the saddle to the Astrotrac head.

Can anybody advise me of a source please and the correct thread. I have a couple with the correct head size and length but the thread was incorrect (metric I think). The Astrotrac head is a finer thread.

Thanks

The vixen saddle for the Astrotrac head looks like the one we had from Teleskop Service with the GIRO mount. Our saddle had screws with an M6 thread, socket head countersunk screws. Hopefully your saddle is similar? I added an ADM saddle to the GIRO recently and bought my screws from here.

The vixen saddle for the Astrotrac head looks like the one we had from Teleskop Service with the GIRO mount. Our saddle had screws with an M6 thread, socket head countersunk screws. Hopefully your saddle is similar? I added an ADM saddle to the GIRO recently and bought my screws from here.

Thanks for the reply Sarah

My saddle also came from Teleskop Service, well its a TS model, and I got it from 365 Astronomy. Did yours come with screws? Thanks

My saddle also came from Teleskop Service, well its a TS model, and I got it from 365 Astronomy. Did yours come with screws? Thanks

Yes we had the screws with it, but it was part of the package for the GIRO mount we had ordered, so it wasn't purchased on it's own.

Archived