Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Polarscope eyepiece removed problem

Hi Everyone,

I,ve had a hopefully slight accident, showing my nephew

the scope I was called away only to return to find my

nephew holding the polarscope eyepice along with section behind the eyepiece in his hand.

Could someone please tell me all is not lost and point me in the right

direction with instructions to replace these pieces in the correct

alignment.

Thankyou BigBlueOne.

Update: the glass showing ncp behind the eyepiece is covered in grease and finger marks and needs to be cleaned before replacing

what would be the best way to clean this lens.

I,ve been informed that it just needs to be reseated but I was surprised that it did'nt need to be in any specific orientation.

Has he just unscrewed the lens part or somehow managed to remove the entire assembly? Either way it's a case of refitting and re-aligning, a bit fiddily bu do-able.

You'l need to re-align the polarscop again, usual daylight job focus on tv aerial and turn scope 180 degress check/adjust etc. The trickier part is to reset the position of the etched diagram. This involves setting the scope to a date/time on the setting circles when the etching is displaued at known position. I think this is all explained here Astro Babys HEQ5 Polar Alignment

If you get it basically set then you can fine tune using your guiding setup.

HTH

Steve

Archived