NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Apologies if this has been done before

and I bet it has, but I have the Celestron 6SE which I've been running off mains supply in the back garden (not even tried the batteries and have heard that it's a waste of time anyway). I'm off into the countryside to try some dark sky observing pretty soon. What is the best portable power source, or well recommended one anyway? Had a look in Maplin and they had 3 or 4 types going right up to £60 or so.....

Needs a 12v supply with 3 pin plug preferably

Thanks for any advice in advance

Hi Citizen

I bought the 5 in 1 power station from Maplin and works a treat with my Celestron 127 Mak. Its comes with a power outlet cable with a jack that fits the mount perfectly, so no need to buy one of those. ( they are about £15 )

last clear night down south was about -7 so only managed to stay out for a couple of hours ( I know big wussy ). Previous threads would suggest 7- 10 hours use is realistic. Just to B I M You do have to charge it for 36 hours before the first use. I'm happy with it though.

Archived