NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

9x50 Finder adapter for SPC900

Hi people,

Just wandering whether anyone out there has brought this item (or something similar). Im struggling getting the darn thing to focus, its only out by a turn or so but cant squeeze anymore into finder as it bottoms out, the webcam housing is only plastic and this being metal.....well dont want to overtighten it. If you have this item please let me know if you found a solution or if there is another solution out there. The reason im trying to use this is so that I can image/guide via the finderscope, cant do it if it cant reach focus grrrrr. Thanks peeps.

Rich T

post-24251-133877732901_thumb.jpg

post-24251-133877732908_thumb.jpg

I believe this has been discussed on the forum before. The answer involved the other end of the finder where there is a locking ring which can be loosened ( or in one case turned around) to alter the focus point.

Hope that makes sense, if not have a search, the thread is here somewhere with the answer.

Thankyou.

I seem to have misplaced the notes that came with the adapter. I have managed to obtain focus now but altering the lock ring (180 deg) did not work still wouldnt go down thread far enough, but once removed i was able to get focus. Thanks for your help.

Rich T

I installed the same one last week and yes, it's doable as said above, but it was not mentioned in the instructions that came with it.

You unscrew the entire objective lens assembly at the front of the finderscope and remove the black locking ring, then rescrew the objective back on.

This gives it another cm or so to reach focus.

Badgers.

Archived