Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focal Reducer/Flattner for Equinox 80ED

nmoushon

So I'm getting a Equinox 80ED and think I might need a focal reducer and/or flattner for it. I was looking at the SW .8 reducer/flattner but that doesnt work with the Equinox 80. I found an adapter that could work with the 100 and 120 but not the 80. Is there a reducer/flattner that works with 80 that anyone knows of?

• 3 months later...

I believe you are looking at the TRF-2008 .... only one I've seen positive comments about with the EQ80.

However, there are some members who have had "some" good results with the cheapo Skywatcher one (£70 or so?)

Not tried either personally however

I believe you are looking at the TRF-2008 .... only one I've seen positive comments about with the EQ80.

I'm starting to come to that conclusion. I think I better let my wife get over the shock of buying the scope before I even think about going there... Who knows, in the mean time SW may even come up with a dedicated one. I'm going with blind optimism. ;-)

I'm starting to come to that conclusion. I think I better let my wife get over the shock of buying the scope before I even think about going there... Who knows, in the mean time SW may even come up with a dedicated one. I'm going with blind optimism. ;-)

flyingpig.gif

Archived