Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Power Source Advice

DaveH

Hi

I'm new to the forum and I'm sure there must have been similar threads in the past, but please bear with me - I desperately need guidance!

Having 'invested' in some new kit at Astrofest on Saturday, I returned home and realised that my twin socket power tank (BC&F PS1800 that has served me well for 9 years with my LX200) would be challenged by the combination of mount, CCD, filter wheel and guider. A quick but fruitless trip to Maplins revealed that available power tanks have superfluous features, too few sockets and don't look fit for purpose. I also thought about a 4 port socket splitter (£9.99), but in the end was not sure if this would be a viable solution.

The new set up will be an Atik 314L+ / DMK as guider / Atik EFW2 / Atik OAG / Eq6 / EQMod / WO Megrez 90. I'll be setting it up 5-6m from a garage mains supply, so would prefer a mobile solution. Any ideas? Thanks, DaveH

Archived