Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

slow motion control extentions

huwbellamy

Hi all,

I have made lots of enquiries but still looking for slow motion contol extensions to fit my CG5 mount. Apparently they are the same as those supplied for identical skywatcher mounts and the original vixen mounts that synta copied. Any advice on availability new or used would be gratefully received - that or tips on growing longer arms. :)

Are these things rare?

If its the same as an EQ1, I might have a tip if these are as rare as rocking horse poo.

The shaft is 6mm diameter so I used a 6mm compression tube fitting and a tee piece to make a crude handle for mine. I'll get a picture later as it paints a thousand words according to Kojak. The clever bit is to add an extension of nylon tube of whatever length you want between the tee piece and the mount.

You need to find somebody who works with pneumatics as they'll have all the bits you need. Even if your shaft isn't 6mm, its likely to be another mm size so use a different size as required.

HTH

Kaptain Klevtsov

Edit.. piccies

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love that, you must have been in the scouts. I have got Steve at FLO on the case - he seems confident of finding something. In the meantime I fancy the challenge of making a set myself. Thanks for the images as well - looks very professional.

Cheers, Huw. :wink:

Archived