NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Shocked

Geordieboy

I'm from Wolverhampton and spent the weekend down in the northampton countryside. It was crystal clear on saturday night and wish I'd have taken my scope. I didn't realise how bad wolves is for LP, looking up I was astounded at how many more stars I could see. I just stood there in awe for at least half an hour picking out objects I can only dream of in Wolverhampton. I may have found my perfect spot for stargazing now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I was in byfield which is halfway from daventry and bandbury. I did see the milky way, not as good as some photos I've seen but from the far horizon through Orion and all over my head were a thick tight grouping of stars like nothing I'd seen before. I'm actually gutted about where I live now. Hopefully in the summer I will be able to camp out down there and enjoy it even more.

I also found a nice spot last year in brecon, I stayed at a place called pencelli castle (not sure on the spelling) it was surrounded by the brecon beacons and was beautiful. The camp site was stunning and really well maintained. For £7 a night I think ill be visiting there again for some dark sky come the summer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Archived