Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem with 200pds and 2" filters

paul101

Hi all, I have a problem I hope someone here could help with

I have a 200pds that I use with my Pentax kx dslr to image. I am just starting with guiding and want to start using filters.

I currently connect my dslr to focus tube with the normal T thread adapter via the bottom half of the skywatcher 2" to 1,1/4 adapter, this screws apart for this reason.

I would like to fit a 2" filter into this imaging train but am having a nightmare! I got a 2" lpr filter but there is no way of fitting it into the SW 2" to 1,1/4" adapter.

If I use a 2" ext tube with a filter thread I can't achieve enough inward travel on the focus tube to get focus. With dslr connected to my focuser in the normal maner I usually use, I only have about 12mm of outward travel before reaching focus.

So does anyone know of an adaptor like an extension tube with a 2" filter thread but is only about 8mm or so long that would allow me to achieve focus?

Thanks

Paul

Archived