Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsehead nebula, now in glorious technicolour

x6gas

...well almost.

I spent a few clear nights at the beginning of February capturing some Ha of the Horsehead nebula. Was my first go at guiding with my Atik OAG, IMG0H and PHD and first light for my new TS triplet. The first image is 6 hours worth in 10 minute subs.

I tried to grab some RGB on the last clear night before the clouds rolled in even though the moon was pretty close and about 2/3rd full by then... Turns out I had a bigger issue, though! The pick off prism of my OAG was too far into the light-path and because I had extended the light-path between OAG and CCD, it introduced quite a bit of vignetting along the bottom of the RGB images...

Anyway, this is my first ever attempt at combinging RGB. It's compromised by the problems above, but at least I've managed a basic RGB combine and I hope that this will be better when I get a chance to capture some more data.

Thanks for looking; all comments very welcome.

post-24484-13387773043_thumb.jpg

post-24484-133877730436_thumb.jpg

Archived