Help required near Witney Oxfordshire

Leigh81

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is an astronomy club or something similar near to where I live.

Haven't got a clue what I'm doing, recently purchased an EQ5 Pro Goto and skywather 150pds....

Only just got into this hobby, what I need really is a hands on tuition lession lol, coz all these manuals that I have read, or videos I have watched didn't really seem to help....

Probably best to go along to one of the observing evenings. Sadly you just missed the one at Frilford Heath which is on the Witney side of Abingdon. The next is at Britwell Salome which is way over beyond Wallingford.

Anyway, in case you hadn't found it already, the meeting calendar is here :

Abingdon Astronomical Society 2011/2012 Programme

Robin

Hello Leigh81, come to our Abingdon meeting this Monday and bring the gear if you can and we'll do what we can to show you the ropes. Do you have portable power?

Hi,

Thank you for the invite.

Yes I got portable power, I got a 3 in 1 jumpster from Maplin...

What time is the meet on Monday & where, I'm working until 7pm on Monday in Witney, I also got a Wife & Kid at home, she's expecting our 2nd so I'll need to run it by her as well.

Archived