Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quality control / or Fedex'd

Received my new EP today: Sky-Watcher Aero ED 2 in 30mm from FLO. I received the original one about a week ago. Imagine my surprise when I opened the pack to find the box containing the EP looked like it had been used as a football. I opened box to check EP & found one of the lens caps broken & the twist up eye was not right, very stiff to twist up & loose when up.

I contacted Martin at FLO to explain my misgivings, anyway he told me he would get another one out to me & to carry on using the one I had until then. Thanks Martin. The new unit arrived today & upon inspection I noticed the eye cup to be totally different, smooth & a joy to use, what I would expect from a £130 ep. And all was in great order. Cant wait for a clear sky to try it. Looked at the moon with it and wow it knocks all my other ep's out of the ball park.

Anyway a big thanks to FLO for all their help with this. I know which supplier I will be using in future.

Where these problems down to SW Quality control or was my ep totally Fedex'd. Clear skies all. http://stargazerslounge.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I can't imagine that FLO would pack an eyepiece where the box looked damaged so I strongly suspect that it was mistreated in transit. These things do happen and it sounds like FLO moved quickly to rectify the situation.

Hope you enjoy the eyepiece - the Aero ED's are very nice :icon_salut:

Living in the lost landscapes of Provence I find that nearly all the delivery firms subcontract the final stage of delivery to a bunch of cowboys called DistiColis.

Some examples;

Computer left in a shop in the nearest town to be delivered by the mayor of our village who works near the shop. It spent the whole afternoon in his parked car.

Phone calls asking if I could meet the driver 12 miles away in a large town.

Phone call sying could I meet the driver at a nearby village 'because his turbo was playing up...'

Phone call as above but without the Turbo embroidery.

Express (extra cost) delivery three days late because the driver 'didn't have time' to birng it on Friday so he came on Monday instead.

The firm which uses its own vans all the way is UPS. They are the most professional for this reason, around here at least.

Just to be clear, I don't live on an alpine mountain top. It takes me twenty two minutes to drive to a couple of large supermarkets in a town with shoe shops, opticians, garages, DIY stores, market etc etc.

Olly

Archived