Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

130 newt on HEQ5

Just a quick question about mounting my 130 on my new (to me) HEQ5. Will this medium mounting plate do the job?. Out of curiosity I take it these bars are straight edged on one side and have a chamfer on the other to fit into the HEQ5?

I would also like to know if this bar could be used in future (after I get my hands on a 200PDS) to fit say a StarTravel 80 or the likes as a guide scope? I will probably go down the route of modding the finder scope as a guide but im just trying to plan ahead :icon_salut:

As always thanks in advance

Davie

I'd always go for a longer one given the choice, even on a small scope, unless you have good reason not to. They give more room for manoeuvre, as it were, during balancing.

I'd also recommend the WO type dovetail, which is considerably more sturdy and probably almost the equal ofa Losmandy style plate in rigidity - which is available in medium and long.

Archived