NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus and Jupiter 03/02/12

samtheeagle

Lovely clear skies last night, and Venus was blazing away at me even before it had got dark, so I thought it would be rude not to. I've often wanted to try and get an image of Venus, but circumstances haven't been kind given the relatively small window of time that it's available... But last night worked out a treat :D

post-16299-133877727206_thumb.png

And while I was out in planetary capture mode I figured I'd have a throw at Jupiter.

post-16299-133877727209_thumb.png

These were captured with my C80-ED with a 2x barlow and a modded Microsoft LifeCam HD. All in all I'm very pleased with the results. I decided to use my refractor as I wanted to catch Venus as high up as possible, and didn't have the time for my Maksutov to cool down, and I've got to be honest, seeing how good the results are I'm seriosuly considering a long focal length refractor for planetary imaging now :clouds1:

Archived