Focussing problem...

I've just received my first ever telescope, a Skywatcher Explorer 200P.

It looks fantastic but I can't seem to get it to focus on the moon. I've used both the lenses but can't seem to get it to focus. Hopefully I'm missing something very obvious as its very frustrating not knowing what to do.

Any helpers out there???

Are you using the 2" adapter and the 1.25" adapter together at the same time ?. If so, that is your problem - you just use the 1.25" adapter on it's own with the eyepiece in it. Try with the 25mm eyepiece 1st (no barlow) and then move on to the 10mm once you can get sharp focus with the 25mm. The barlow used with the 10mm will probably give too much power for a sharp image.

if you have the focuser racked all the way out...& it's not quite in focus...take the eyepiece out of the holder very slowly while still looking through it...if it comes into focus...you just need to buy an extention...they come in 35mm 50mm & 70mm

Archived