L bracket for bins

I attached my ancient Russian binos to the camera mount of my tripod with 2 long screws either side if the focussing tube, going into a strip of wood.

It's not very pretty but I have enjoyed some stunning views of the moon and have seen Jupiter's moons for the first time recently.

It's always worth thinking if there is a way to DIY it rather than reaching straight for the credit card.

Cheers

Andy

I attached my ancient Russian binos to the camera mount of my tripod with 2 long screws either side if the focussing tube, going into a strip of wood.

It's not very pretty but I have enjoyed some stunning views of the moon and have seen Jupiter's moons for the first time recently.

It's always worth thinking if there is a way to DIY it rather than reaching straight for the credit card.

Cheers

Andy

You wouldn't say that if you saw my DIY skills! No, I think a £10 mass produced piece of metal is the way forward. Especially if you knew how much my tripod cost :)

Archived